Friday, August 10, 2007

Rough Week

I made it through the week to another Saturday. After running on pure adrenaline for so long, my body finally broke it's addiction and did some repair work during last night's deep sleep. Today I feel stiff and sluggish like I've grown new cells that don't know what to do yet, but otherwise more relaxed and rested. Lisa and I refer to this feeling as "that Saturday feeling". Tea helps, and I remembered to bring some good stuff with me this time.

This week was marked by a direct challenge to my intestinal fortitude, if you know what I mean. Tuesday night the challenge came, as it usually does after being here about a week. This time was worse, but everything returns to normal after a day or so.

We had a small earthquake here Thursday morning. It shook the building at work slightly. Taiwan is a real earthquake hotspot, but they are usually small magnitude. As long as they keep occuring, that's good, because it relieves the pressure. The picture from Taiwan Central Weather Bureau shows the seismic activity for July. Most occur on the eastern side of the island where the plates grind, while the cities are mostly on the left coast. Most of these are really low, maybe Magnitude 1, but the one that I felt Thursday was 5.8.

I'm now heading for the electronics store, called Nova, to get an outlet adapter for Germany, where I go on Tuesday night. Making a last minute change of backpacks before leaving home, I forgot the one I had been carrying.

No comments:

 
hit counter code