Monday, August 13, 2007

Train Ride

Yesterday, the weather was like a monsoon all day. Very dark, with continuous thunder and lightening, and never-ending torrential rain. I bet we got at least 10 inches of rain. No kidding.

I ventured out anyway, and took the high speed train at 9:06 to Tainan. Very smooth ride, but they did not display the speed like it is done in Germany and Japan. However, it felt as fast or faster than any of the others, which get up to 300km/h. The seats were very comfortable, and the windows very large for great viewing of the rice fields you see along the way, which of course were extra full with water. After spending the day working in Tainan plant, I again took the high speed train back to Taichung at around 7pm, with lightening bolts hitting the ground nearby, and sheets of rain lashing against the window. I also opted for the slightly more expensive business class seat (+12$) just to see what it was like. Well, besides a larger seat with a footrest, I got to sit in an otherwise completely empty car, and received free crackers and a pretty good cup of tea. That tea alone was worth the extra 12$.

Today is the day I go to work, then get a ride to Taipei airport (2 hrs), then fly to Germany, hopefully with smooth connections. Sorry for the lack of pictures, but I can't take my camera into the plants, so I couldn't carry it with me.

1 comment:

Bev said...

I hope that you travel goes smoothly, the news is reporting about the flooding over there.

 
hit counter code